I was born on May 14th, 1976, in São Paulo – SP. I began my musical studies at the age of 11, playing the acoustic guitar and, afterwards, the electric guitar. In this beginning, I studied with some private teachers and at Conservatório Musical do Tucuruvi (a neighborhood Conservatory).
During my youth, I gathered some friends and we started a Rock’n Roll Band named Dummy. In the repertoire, Brazilian and international classic rock. At that time, I dedicated my time to studies at Colégio Bandeirantes, music and soccer. In early 1993 Dummy came to an end. The friendship among the members goes on until now.
In 1994, still at the age of 17, I passed the Music course at Unicamp. I moved to a countryside city (Campinas) and I started to dedicate 95% of my time to music. At that time, I shared a tiny apartment with the sax player Marcelo Coelho. I learned to drink beer with him and the arranger Rodrigo Morte. After all, I needed to occupy the remaining 5% of my time.
In 2004, my first son, Dominic, was born. In 2005, I started coordinating the guitar course at Colégio Dante Alighieri. It was when I decided to go back to the academic life and in 2009 I finished my masters degree at Unicamp. Between work and research, my daughter Wendy was born (2008).
Still in 2009, I recorded the Marcus Almeida trio DVD. Unfortunately, this material has never been released. But a few tunes have been posted on YouTube.
In 2010, my youngest son Ramon was born. With him and my wife Karla, my family is complete!
In 2011, I started my Music PhD at Unicamp.
My first CD, Nicwenra – guitar solo, was released in 2013. It is a solo work where I introduce 3 of my own tunes and 9 famous tunes, among which, Fotografia (Tom Jobim), Stella by Starlight (Young/Washington) and Carinhoso (Pixinguinha/João de Barro).
In short, I am the father of three children and in my spare time, I am dedicated to teaching, researching and musical practice. As an educator, I teach private lessons and work in Colégio Dante Alighieri, where I am responsible for CDA Guitar Orchestra. As a guitar player, I develop original work in jazz, having released the CD "Nicwenra - guitar solo" (2013). As a researcher, I completed my Masters in Performance in 2009 and currently belong to the Post Graduate Program at UNICAMP in PhD level.
Those were 4 years of hard studies until I graduated and came back to São Paulo. It was then that I started to look for a job but I never found one. I started to play jazz and Brazilian music, playing with singers in pubs and malls. Besides that, I used to teach private music classes, having taught at Conservatório Musical do Brooklin Paulista and Fundação Bradesco de Osasco, among other institutes.